Silver lining department: The drought is so bad that no one is growing or plowing, whihch has ked to very low runoff so far.
via Free Association Design
Not unrelated, NOAA is also noticing that the size of the oxygen-lacking dead zone at the mouth of the Mississippi is currently at an eighty year low. Deprived of the typical yearly dose of accelerated sediments and excessive nutrient loads from animal feces and agricultural fertilizers, fisheries and bay life might actually benefit from the current situation.
- earthisdead reblogged this from underpaidgenius
thepete reblogged this from underpaidgenius and added:
Geez, Stowe—thanks for bringing my Saturday down!! I may just have to post a puppet video to raise my spirits! :) But...
- madame-chatie likes this
- pfowolf likes this
- hobbits-hunters-hylians reblogged this from questionall
- leftistnaija reblogged this from questionall
- questionall reblogged this from underpaidgenius
- questionall likes this
- climateadaptation likes this
- underpaidgenius posted this